Choose The Shoes
No matter how much work you do to have beautiful feet, you need to choose the right shoes. Just like clothing can flatter or minimize certain parts of your body, so certain shoes can do the same for your hard working peds! Shoes can be both comfortable and fashionable, so take time to shop carefully, and love your feet!
- Bunions: One of the reasons a lot of women (and men!) really hate their feet so much is bunions, those bumps that appear next to your big toe. Look for shoes or strappy sandals that wrap around your bunions and the outer edge of your toes. Keep in mind that if you choose soft or fabric uppers, they will mold to the form of your foot. Check out our summer shoes for bunions that are attractive, comfy and affordable.
If you’re strictly looking for comfort that’s fine, but in terms of fashion…not exactly what you’re looking for. Choose strong synthetic or firm leather uppers that will smooth over the contours of your foot and give the appearance of a straight line. Overall, comfort AND fashion are the goal, so if they hurt – don’t wear ’em!
- Corns: If you’re looking for open toed shoes or sandals, choose the type that covers most of your toes. There are quite a few ways to treat and minimize the appearance of corns. Be sure to take care of these before they become sore or infected.
- Calluses: These are caused by pressure to the feet from shoes that don’t fit correctly, or from athletics. One of the easiest problems to treat, taking care of calluses can go a long way toward making you feel better about your feet.
- Ugly toenails: Give your toenail some much-needed time and attention with a regular home pedicure. Clean thoroughly, use a rough buffer to smooth nails. Follow with a nail strengthener like NailTek, and finish with a coat of light polish.
- Heavy veins: Straps over the tops of the feet, and sandals that cover the forefront of the foot can help minimize those large veins. For special evenings, you can even use under cover to touch them up and finish with a translucent powder.
Browse UgleeFeet.com for more ideas, suggestions and support designed to make you love your feet!